Job description for Worship Center Steward:
Cleaning staff shall be responsible for the general cleanliness and appearance of the Worship Center and Office Building. Duties include (but are not limited to) taking out the trash, cleaning floors, cleaning walls and windows, setting up rooms, cleaning and restocking all bathrooms, cleaning children’s toys and equipment, and cleaning A/C vents and intakes. Schedule to be set by supervisor.
Demonstrates proven Christian character, integrity, honesty, humility, spiritual depth with knowledge, wisdom, a teachable spirit, works well in a team and alone. Can work in a quick paced environment and have great attention to detail. Required manual labor, lifting at least 50lbs, standing, walking and crouching down. Supportive of the mission and vision of the church. Experience in the field or similar field preferred. Be able to pass a State of Florida Level 2 DCF background check. Once hired, become an active member of FBCN or a like-minded church. Agree and sign the church leader commitment.
Type: Hourly (dependence upon education & experience) raises based on above avg. performance.
Time required: About 20 hours a week (can vary with responsibilities) (schedule approved by supervisor)
Supervisor: Business Manager
Evaluation: Ongoing and based on the performance of job duties.
Once a day
· Clock in & out
· Check in with supervisor for daily tasks
· Follow the daily checklist and turn in weekly to supervisor
Twice a week (Monday and Wednesday afternoons, more as needed)
• Maintain general cleaning and organization of all classrooms, bathrooms, offices, and common areas
• Empty all trash receptacles, removing trash on chairs, tables, pews, etc.
• Vacuum all carpets and rugs, cleaning stains and shampooing as needed
• Clean floors
• Clean and disinfect all bathrooms, sinks, toilets, and restock soap and paper materials as needed
• Disinfect all surfaces including shelving, doors, changing areas, and window sills
• Disinfect and clean toys and equipment
Once a week (or more as needed)
• Clean windows, mirrors and glass
• Inform Supervisor of needed repairs
• Prepare auditorium for Sunday services, clean floor and pews, vacuum, straighten stage
Once a month (or more as needed)
• Disinfect walls and other surfaces (deep cleaning)
• Deep cleaning of all toys and children’s equipment
• Continue in personal spiritual growth through Bible Study, prayer, Holiness, Evangelism and spiritual disciplines
• Required regular attendance at one Sunday service
• Inform your supervisor about all plans, problems, and issues that arise
• Regularly inform your supervisor about the areas under your charge and their effectiveness
• Create and disperse with approval of your supervisor budgeted funds in accordance with set policies
• Attend and participate in meetings where required
• Continue in education and self-improvement in your area of ministry
Fill out the application for this position here.